This stamp eluded me for a while. I was looking at the end of a magnolia leaf I had picked up on a run recently. I was fascinated by the undulation at the tip as well as the almost unnoticeable veins in the underside of the leaf. I did several sketches of different parts of the leaf and then extrapolated on those and came up with a design that I thought was pretty neat. When I attempted to create this design it was a different story. I started out just fine. Got the gist of the outside edge but when I attempted the interior of the stamp things went wrong. That’s fine…. I started over and over. I simply could not figure out the interior of it. So I went back to my sketches and started anew. What I ended up with is pretty cool and I think it will make a nice pattern. I am looking forward to having them bisque fired so I can start playing around with the pattern design and get some finished vases. Below are the photos from this weeks process.